The company responsible for rolling out the National Broadband Network across Australia has said it has 109,000 premises leftover following the company hitting the fiscal year 2020 build target that it set.
NBN previously said it would have 100,000 premises left unconnected at the end of its build phase due to needing “bespoke” connections that require a complex installation, are located within culturally significant areas, or are heritage sites.
On Monday, the company said it expects 80% of the leftover premises to be ready to connect this calendar year. Of that 80%, 67,000 are complex builds, and 25,000 are from new developments. NBN also said it would shift 17,000 premises from fixed wireless to fibre to the curb technology.
In its latest set of weekly statistics due June 25 [PDF], NBN said it had just shy of 38,000 premises labelled as not ready to connect in areas declared ready for